Self-Help Ventures Fund is more than just a lender. We’re an organization with a mission: to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all.
We believe in providing fair, responsible loans that drive economic development, support small businesses and create vibrant communities. Self-Help Ventures Fund, the home of our SBA 504 program, is part of a larger family of Self-Help organizations.
- We help borrowers nationwide build wealth by providing fair and responsible loans to homebuyers, businesses and consumers.
- We develop and manage residential and commercial real estate to support community development.
- We provide responsible financial services through our network of credit unions.
- We strengthen under-served communities by financing nonprofits, child care centers, community health facilities, public charter schools, affordable housing and more.
- We work to end abusive and predatory financial practices.
The Self-Help family includes Self-Help Ventures Fund, the Center for Responsible Lending, Self-Help Credit Union and Self-Help Federal Credit Union. Since our founding in 1980, the various Self-Help organizations have provided more than $7 billion in loans. Learn more about our history here.